Do you have BIG DREAMS for you and your life that you water down or make reasons for why they are not possible? Or is dreaming not even a part of your reality because your self doubt and fears get a hold of those dreams before you even have a chance to visualize them.
Dreams are your birthright and you deserve to live the most amazing life you can envision.
I tuned into Agape’s live streaming for a service on New Year’s Day with Michael Beckwith and that was exactly the message he was sharing. Michael Beckwith is one of my spiritual teachers; even through live streaming his services are filled with love, wisdom and a sense of connection to community.
Today’s message was about reconnecting with the divine, which is always within each of us, and releasing our connection with fears, which we have all come to know to well and continue to build a stronger relationship with than we do with the divine.
“When you embrace the mandate for your excellence; your soul becomes a song, a work of art and emanates beauty.” – Michael Beckwith
Embracing the mandate for your excellence means we must make a choice to step into our power, we must do the work required to connect with the divine rather than our fears and if we so choose our soul will come alive and we will be living our dreams.
Over the weekend I spent time reflecting on 2011; celebrating my successes, identifying the areas of my life where I was living up to the mandate of excellence and taking in the lessons brought to me.
As I shifted my thoughts to 2012 and started on my vision board I held my purpose in my heart, which is to increase consciousness. Fulfilling my purpose of increasing consciousness always starts with me. I know that I must “Be the change you want to see in the world” – Ghandi
As I went through the magazines I was guided to words and images that mapped out a visual path for my next steps to being the best version of me. I share the points below as there may be aspects that resonate with you.
- Connection to Self/Source – Developing and nurturing a relationship with source is what fosters expansion and growth with ease and grace. My intention for 2012 is to attract a spiritual teacher, do yoga, recite mantras, meditate and journal regularly. For others this could be dancing, singing, cooking etc.
- Intentions – Whether or not we consciously set intentions or unconsciously set intentions they will be manifested; what I am experiencing is that manifestation is occurring at a faster speed than ever before due to the vibrational shifts occurring on the planet. 2012 is about creating super focused, clear intentions and having trust in the divine.
- Trust/Faith – Developing trust, faith and a knowing that the universe has your back allows you to be guided with more love and joy. When we have faith and listen to our inner voice we are guided to situations, experiences and people that allow our intentions to unfold with ease and grace. To trust is to release fear. For me this is interconnected with developing a stronger connection to self or connection to source/divine/god, which comes back to daily rituals.
- Community – Being surrounded by people with similar values, interests or philosophies supports expansion. These include family, friends or groups people chosen based on the vision for your ideal life. For me I choose friends who share a similar philosophy for living so that I can continuously expand these ideas. I also choose community for the friendships and accountability. Some of the communities I am a part of are Conscious Divas, Yyoga, A Course in Miracles Study Group, Running Group and my wellness studio. Commitment and accountability are required to achieve your goals, find communities that can support you on your journey.
- Shining Your Light – We are all-powerful beyond our belief and have a duty to the planet to shine our light. As we shine our lights, others will see they too have permission to shine their lights. It starts with you, and then ripples into your household, your family, friends, the community and ultimately the planet. For me the journey is about doing the work to remove the barriers that stop us from shining our light. I would love to see you shine your light and will support you on this journey in anyway I can. Below is a beautiful quote by Marianne Williamson that speaks to this…
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Marianne Williamson
I would love to hear about your intentions and dreams for 2012 as well as what rituals you will be doing to ensure you are actively creating your dreams from a place of love and trust.